JULY 9 – WEDNESDAY "ROTARY PARADE"
FUEL 5000 5k • 5:45PM
This event is a fundraiser for the Port Huron Northern Cross Country Teams. This race is run before the Rotary International Day Parade in Downtown Port Huron. Join thousands of spectators who line the streets of downtown Port Huron during The Blue Water Fest! Registration starts at 4:30pm behind Fuel Woodfire Grill. Start and finish will be near rear of Fuel Woodfire Grill before parade. If you have any questions about this race, please contact: Craig 810-841-0034 • Casey 810-689-6674
Medals will be given to the first one hundred finishers along with the overall and runner up trophies for both male and female runners. All pre-registered will get a FUEL 5000 shirt. Pre-register for $25 ($30 week of race)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE
ROTARY INTERNATIONAL DAY PARADE • 6:30PM
The Rotary International Day Parade is an annual event organized and supported by the Port Huron Rotary Club with additional financial support from various local sponsors. The 2014 Rotary International Day Parade is in its 94th year as a result of the support from the Port Huron community.
This year's parade route will begin at Huron and Glenwood Avenue, continue south through the downtown business district, turning east from Military Street onto Oak Street, disbanding at Desmond Landing. Staging will be on Pine Grove Avenue between Erie Street and Glenwood. Check in will be at Erie Street.
Browse the menu links on their site for additional information regarding Rules, Awards and the Application page where you can download a copy of the parade participant application. For further information, call the Parade HotLine at (810) 989-6842. Messages will be retrieved on a weekly basis.
BW Women's League TOT Contest
**Lynch's Irish Tavern**
Call 810.385.5721 to register or for more information.
BIG ROCK CARNIVAL AMUSEMENTS • 5:00PM-CLOSE
***McMorran South Parking Lot***
Normal ticket prices are $1 each or we have a value pack of 24 tickets for $20. Rides are 2-5 tickets.
Big Rock Amusements will provide safe and thrilling fun for the whole family, with a collection of unique rides including:
- The Extreme has 16 seats on a big pendulum that swings back and forth. The pendulum has an enormous amplitude and can swing up to the range of 130 degrees on each side. In addition, the seats rotate around the pendulum axis. G-force can reach up to 2.5G.
- The Fire Ball is a high speed looping roller coaster that takes riders 60ft in the air! Riders are seated in open air cars and secured with a over-the-shoulder safety harness and seat belt.
- Giant Wheel is one of the focal points of our midway and gives riders a bird’s eye view of the midway and surrounding area. Each of the gondollas seat up to four passengers. At night, the wheel lights up with thousands of multi color computer controlled flashing lights for a spectacular light show that can be seen from miles away.
- Gravitron is a favorite on the Big Rock Midway. Riders enter the space ship and stand against the wall. As the space ship begins to rotate, centrifugal force takes over and riders become plastered to the wall. Soon, riders slide about 2 feet above the ground for added excitement.
- Himalaya is an exciting thrill ride that spins at 11.5 RPM for exciting big-ride action at a speed which thrills everyone. The Himalaya is known for playing loud music while riders ride!
- Sea Ray is a spectacular giant swinging ship that swings riders back and forth up to 50' in the air.